Thursday 25 March 2010

CITING SOURCES AND THE APA GUIDE.

Throughout my formal education it was repeatedly emphasized to me to provide detailed citations and references within the texts I wrote. This was certainly related to the dominant theoretical nature of the studies concerned. Consequently, I’m always mindful to be as detailed and precise in the citations I provide. However, I have experienced a hurdle in the time I’ve spent at Woosong University. Previously I was taught to use the more British Harvard reference and citation system – consequently I am well-versed in it. Yet, at Woosong we use the more popular APA style of reference and citation. The difference in formatting has demanded a certain degree of readjusting on my part. Though both systems are forms of parenthetical referencing, each has its own particular order for the way the citation and referencing information is arranged. For this reason the APA guide is a useful manual since it provides an easy-to-use, on the spot manual for the reference and citation method required for studies at Woosong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE . . .